I have also been mentioning my bucket list in conversations more and more recently. This list, though, is a sham. No such thing exists. While I have many ideas in my mind of the things I would still like to do or accomplish before I pass into the next world, I have never actually written any of this down. Nor have I typed a list and saved it as a document. Why not? Because I am a procrastinator. It's what I do. Seriously.
I should start the list. Right now. This won't be a complete list. Actually, the list will not ever be complete because I want to everything. If not everything, a lot of things. Lots and lots of things.
Here are the first ten items on my list. (In no particular order, of course.)
1. Ireland. With Amy. We were supposed to go on our 40th birthdays. Hmm Maybe we'll shoot for our 50th? 60th?
2. Go to a Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium. I've never seen them in person, which sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Anytime we get a couple of tickets, I tell my husband to take my son. I'm a mom, what can I say?
3. Return to Salzburg, Austria. I went to Europe as a 16 year-old and loved Salzburg but am sure that I would appreciate it so much more as an adult.
4. Learn Spanish. This should be on everyone's list. It's going to be important. And while I'm at it, I'd like to re-aquatint myself with German, also. I love languages. Do I sound nerdy?
5. Read more of the classics. This is something that will never be crossed off because there are enough classics to keep me reading for a long, long time. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read many (generally the ones assigned in high school or college). I'm going to get on this soon. Any suggestions?
6. Take cooking classes. My friends and family are laughing reading this one, but I mean it. I love to watch the cooking shows on TV and would like to learn how to do some of the cool stuff. I still probably won't cook every day, but at least I'll have a meal or two that I can fall back on.
7. Family vacation to Hollywood. I'm the only one who's been there and I know without a shadow of doubt that my hubby and kids would love it. We're all entertainment industry geeks and if there is one place we're meant to visit together, this would be it.
9. Take my mom to England. I'm not sure if she would go, but I really want to explore our heritage.
10. Get published. Enough said.
Yes, much of my list involves travel. I probably could make a list of hundreds of places I'd like to see. I love to travel. So much of this great big wonderful world that I still want to see.
Love and peace-
Lori Beth :)